Friday 29 November 2013

Practicing my partners hair design.

 Hayley's hair design consisted of a bun which should be chic from the back of the head, and textured and well not so chic from the front.
Hayley wanted ribbon on the bun in a cross. I found third rather easy to create yet hard to make the cross of ribbon even. As you can see its really wonky! This is a problem I y face on the assessment but will continuing practicing. I created the cross by pinning one end of the ribbon under the top of the bun, placing the ribbon to the bottom of the bun and cutting the ribbon then pinning it under the bun
 Hayley wanted the front of her hair to be quite big and textured but not too big. She also wanted the hair to replicate a heart shape like how the Elizabethan women wore their hair. I did this by crimping the hair back combing the section that was going to create the shape and simply pulled back.

The parting is also a center parting which was also on trend for that era. It is a concern of mine that the hair will not hold in that shape with no hair padding, as her hair is soo fine. I will back comb the hair as much as possible and spray the hair will and hope for the best.
The crimped part of her hair has been pulled back,puffed up and pinned into two flat pin curls. To help secure the shape yet has reference to the Elizabethan era.

The pinned curls look a tad messy I will make them neater was just simply experimenting. I will also hide the hair pins.











Overall I am confident I can create her design within the time scale. As practicing it took me 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment