Sunday 24 November 2013

Creating my final hair design.

This week I have been working extremely hard to try and complete my design. I had my texture and idea of the shape but was not quite there and felt lost at how to finalise my design.


Playing with shape.


I played around with the shape. I tried using a small banana clip this did not work on my head. I tried a long banana clip. This would not hold the thickness and length of my hair. I think these would look amazing with thinner hair.



I knew I wanted to create a mohawk type of style. I watched youtube tutorials  to get an idea. I noticed that they were using ponytails but just one which created a mohawk effect on top but not all the way down the head. So I used three ponytails starting at the top of the head and finishing at the back of the head. Started playing with shape and finally I decided on a shape.



 I tightly sectioned the front section of the hair into a ponytail. I then repeated this for the section of hair behind the ears, and at the back of the head. Making sure there were no loose bits of hair, and lumps.

Then crimped the hair for the texture.

I then backcombed the hair using the 203 comb and the Denman brush.To add extra frizzy texture it also helps shape the hair and hole the shape.
The hair was then twisted and rolled into a bun sort of shape. The hair was tucked under and pinned with geisha pins and curvy grips. Then backcombed the hair.

This created the look and shape desired which I was finally pleased with. I will spray the mohawk bit red to reference back to Elizabeth, as well as the big shape and texture.




No comments:

Post a Comment