Wednesday 27 November 2013

Hayleys assessment.

For our assessment our partner had to create our hair design that we designed for ourselves. They had to create from our information pack that we provided. As well as practical sessions and hair charts.

Hayley practiced my hair three times, which was enough time to perfect the design. I had to show Hayley how to create my design as I found it hard to explain. I showed her how to make the hair shapes by simply wrapping the hair round your fingers to create a sort of wave/bump then pinning the bumps from underneath the hair so you could not see the pins.. Hayley looked very professional creating my design. She took into consideration hygiene using hand gel and clean brushes.

Whilst asked to analyse Hayley I think she did a good job of my hair and the hair looked as I wanted, it had shape, texture, and colour which were the three main points I wanted to cover and communicate through my design as well as it being historically correct with a modern twist.

However I would've liked the style to of been a bit bigger but my hair was so floppy due to washing it the night before. Hayley followed my instructions well, and created my hair design within good time.

 She created the shape I wanted. The correct texture, and color using the spray to represent my interpretation of a new Elizabethan.

If I was to do this design on myself I would of been more tough with my hair as I got the impression that my partner was too scared that she was going to hurt me. I probably would of used the red spray more generously so it had more of an effect in for the image.



I would of liked the hair to of been a bit bigger at the front but my hair was too silky to hold so well and kept on separating at the front. However I was pleased with the outcome.















My information pack.

Below is my information pack I provided for Hayley. It entailed of step by step instructions and images. I also supplied hair charts. We had plenty of practise and I demonstrated how to achieve the look.


No comments:

Post a Comment